• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston Park

Richard Shephard

master brummie
Does anyone remember the shows held in Aston PARK all the big marques were big bands played by the likes of Jonny Dankworth and Cleo Laine, the talent shows dancing schools putting on their performances,if we couldn;t afford the entrance fee we used to loosen off the tent pegs and slip under
the canvas.:D

Hi
Here are some photos of Aston Hall and park

Image2_Aston_Hall_1874.jpg
Image1Aston_Park.jpg

Image3_Aston_Hall_1926.jpg

Regards stars

Hi all,

Anyone who is interested in Aston Park might be interested in the Friends of Aston Hall and Park group which started last year. Our next meeting is Thursday 23rd February in Aston Hall Stables Cafe between 6.30pm and 8.00pm. Lots of exciting projects being discussed at this meeting including the Book Bash, Stan's Cafe theatre project and a possible event in the park to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in June. You don't have to live in Aston to get involved and new members are always welcome. For more info drop me a line on the forum or just turn up on the night!
Hope to see you there,

Rachel

Here's an interesting view of Aston Hall and Park. I think Aston Church is to the right. It's from 1851 just at the onset of the railway. Viv.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329573673.305116.jpg

IMG_2710.jpeg

POSTCARD. (No date)

“The Drive, Aston Park. Aston lies to the north-east of the Birmineham Town Hall: it was mentioned in theDomesday Book and has a population of 70.000 souls. Aston Park is part of the estates of Aston Hall and covers some 49 acres of timber lawns. Aston Hall itself has been turned into a Museum.”

I was so fortunate to have been born in Holte road and this park way my playground for many lovely years. What a beautiful postcard Pedrocut.
What number Holte Road did you live in? My mother and her family lived at no 30 Holte Road, before emigrating here to Australia in 1958. She always talked about Aston Hall.

Just worked it out I would have been 12 when they emigrated but let me know the family's first names please Sue?.

What number Holte Road did you live in? My mother and her family lived at no 30 Holte Road, before emigrating here to Australia in 1958. She always talked about Aston Hall. My brother lived at 22 Holte road at at that time Sue. Joyce and Albert and their children Helen and David Lyndon.
Would it have been the Smarts Sue?.

Would it have been the Smarts Sue?.
Mum's maiden name was Palmer. Her parents were May and Reginald Palmer. She was born in 1932. She had three sisters, Olive, Margaret, Doris & Beryl. Her parents passed away in the 1950s both aged in their 60s. She married Douglas Brownley (a sailor). We have been researching her family tree for years. Margaret's family lives in Wales, Beryl passed away in 1952 and we haven't been able to locate the other two sisters. Unfortunately mum passed away in August this year.

Hi Sue I can't recall a Palmer family. Unfortunately Most of our original neighbours have now left the road or passed away. Will put my thinking cap on and see if I can recall the family. x

Back