• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston old studios

Barry Cary

Hi my name is Barry Cary, aka "Barmy Barry " local disc jockey, I appeared at Aston Studio's on Christmas day approx 1962. This was in the days when advertising was not allowed on Christmas day. Could anybody let me know if I could get a recording of this appearance on TV. Regards Barry Cary.

Barry,

Welcome to the Forum. 1962, very unlikely. I did some musical performances for the BBC in 1965,and they wouldn't let us even buy a copy. It was in the early days of FM radio, so one of the band recorded it from FM on a Ferrograph 7 machine at 15 ips and it still had a few extraneous noises on it. It was then copied to cassette by another of the band, and when he died, I managed to get a copy of this from his wife. I immediately digitised it, but after all these years, quality is not that good.

I left Birmingham in January 1961, and broadcasting companies come and go. I think that sadly your chances are slim.

Maurice :cool:

Hallo Barry, I can't help with your enquiry but I remember your name - was it the Ritz in Kings Heath you DJd?
You had your photo in the old Midland Beat a few times too :)

Back