• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston Map 1941

svsaunders78

Hey all,

I am trying to find a map for Aston from 1941 (ish).

Trying to find out where 4 Back, 15 Summers Lane was so that I can hopefully narrow down a 1939 registry search for that address.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks

Scott

I assume you mean Summer Lane, as there is no Summers Lane. It looks like no 15 and the back houses had gone (possibly bombed) by the time of the 1950s map. The houses were at the southern end of Summer Lane and the back houses were originally named court 4. The c1889 map below shows the court 4 in turquoise and what is probably no 4 in that court in red
map c1889 showing 15 summer lane and back houses.jpg

I assume you mean Summer Lane, as there is no Summers Lane. It looks like no 15 and the back houses had gone (possibly bombed) by the time of the 1950s map. The houses were at the southern end of Summer Lane and the back houses were originally named court 4. The c1889 map below shows the court 4 in turquoise and what is probably no 4 in that court in red
View attachment 164511
Amazing thanks you

Back