• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston Manor Transport Museum

The museum will be running a free bus service for the Dollman Street Stores open day on Saturday 12th September probably using the Bristol VRT in Staffordshire Tramways heritage colours. Departures are from Snow Hill (Lloyd House) at 10.20 and every hour at 20 mins past the hour until 15.20. Return journeys from Dollman Start at 10.00 and run every hour on the hour until 15.00 with two final departures at 15.50 and 16.30. A vintage bus, probably the recently repainted Guy Arab single decker will be on display outside the stores.

Sadly I can't be there Lyn but will be over in mid October for a week. Never seem to make it over when the stores are open!!

Simon

simon this is an open day but i think they are open at other times....i will find out tomorrow for you...will try and get some piccies and i want a ride on the old bus lol

To all interested, Aston manor transport museum will be holding a heritage day Sunday 18th October. As well as their own display, visiting buses will be giving rides to Lichfield, Walsall, Chasewater steam railway and possibly other destinations in the area.

Aston manor Transport Museum will be having a Spring Running Day on 17 April 2016. I think that these people at the museum do a great job.

Aston manor Transport Museum will be having a Spring Running Day on 17 April 2016. I think that these people at the museum do a great job.
Thank you for the reply. May I also inform members that tomorrow, Sunday 20/03/2016 there will be a collectors fair and free bus rides around the Aldridge on vintage buses.
The museum is located at Shenstone drive Aldridge with free parking.

Our next event is the "Autumn Leaves" Running day on Sunday 16th October at the museum in Shenstone Drive, Aldridge from 10.00. Vintage buses will operate every 30 minutes from Hatherton Road, Walsall to the museum from 10.20.

I don't know the full schedule yet but there will be bus runs to Walsall, Sutton Coldfield and Chasewater Railway during the day, possibly also to Lichfield. Also lots of static exhibits and photos in the museum itself.

Simon

Back