• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

ASTON HIPPODROME-DOCTOR DEATH

Could not see any mention of the actors
I wrote about John, on that website you gave out
About the aston Hippodrome ;)

Only last week I was looking at all the Bricks from the Aston Hippodrome and I am glad to say they were put to good use

T.V.WRESTLING

Hey John I bet Judo Al Hayes put his origami into practise when he visited the toilet.

Another bloke I liked was Jackie Palo from T.V.s Saturday afternoon wrestling. He always wore striped pants. When he took a hit he would stagger around the ring all dazed for minutes. His opponent would take the opportunity to whack him one, allthough dazed, Jackie Palo would manage to duck or dive, not get hit, but then continue to stagger around

My wife, who lived a few corners from the Aston Hippodrome, used to see the wrestlers all roll up in a van together, the best of friends.

Dave he didn't duck or dive when Honor Blackman knocked him out in The Avengers in the 60's , this was when the programme was transmitted live , he went down that hole in the churchyard and never got out . I've just noticed this thread by the way

Back