• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston Hall

love these pictures !

Thanks, that was during an Open Day in September 2017, Civil War Siege. Had time to look around the hall as well. If you take photos have your flash off / (down don't pop it open, I rarely or never user flash much). Is also a tea room there (if it's open). Would assume it reopens at Easter time?

I have been reading the posts re. Aston Hall with interest, my one and only time that I visited was way back in the early 1950s, most probably 50/51 as I was born in 1949 and from the att. photo I was just a baby in my Mothers arms. It would appear to have been a family outing as my maternal Grandparents are there, my Mothers Sister and her two sons along with my elder Brother who did not want his picture taken given he is lying down facing away from the camera. Unfortunately out of those in the photo we are the only two left.

Attachments

• family group, Aston Hall early 1950s.jpg
    family group, Aston Hall early 1950s.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 48
some of my photos of Aston Hall

Attachments

• DSCN2079JPG.jpg
    DSCN2079JPG.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • DSCN2089JPG.jpg
    DSCN2089JPG.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • DSCN2108JPG.jpg
    DSCN2108JPG.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • DSCN2122JPG.jpg
    DSCN2122JPG.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • DSCN2210JPG.jpg
    DSCN2210JPG.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • DSCN2225JPG.jpg
    DSCN2225JPG.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • DSCN2301JPG.jpg
    DSCN2301JPG.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • DSCN2325JPG.jpg
    DSCN2325JPG.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
Came across “The Archaeologist” from Summer 2007, with an article about Work at Aston Hall to rediscover uthe North range. Below ground foundations, demolished over 135 yrs.

1023B4A6-6762-426B-A0A9-2589F8DE8F13.jpegA608DB1D-D3B8-4AB8-9898-199E3C494AE4.jpeg0A45208F-69B7-448B-9D65-3BC95F3EE13E.jpeg

We went last year and they have a shop now at the back of the main hall. Usual sort of things on sale, very much like a NT shop. I like the formal garden to the side and we always go to the tea shop which I think is in the old stables now and if it's nice enough we sit outside. Where was the tea shop in 2009?

We went last year and they have a shop now at the back of the main hall. Usual sort of things on sale, very much like a NT shop. I like the formal garden to the side and we always go to the tea shop which I think is in the old stables now and if it's nice enough we sit outside. Where was the tea shop in 2009?

crikey pen the forums visit was so long ago but i think it was on the right as you went in...i bet someone will know for sure...we are so lucky to have the hall

lyn

That's true Lyn. So it was originally part of the main hall. It's completely separate now and you can visit the tea shop without paying to go in the hall. I don't think we paid many years ago but I could be wrong. It's £8 now including over 60's which seems a bit steep to me. We usually go as we buy a museums pass which means you get a discount on food and drink too. Haven't been able to use it much this year.

I started visiting the park last year, really sorry about the damage done to the Pan fountain. I was going to visit the Hall in Spring, but now it's closed due to Covid19.
Gutted.

Back