• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston Brook Street

,Thanks Lyn for these photos of aston brook street brings back very happy memories I worked for benton and stones my wife worked for McNamara next door 1959 till 1963
Hello Joe,
I am John Green 134 Aston Brook Street . I remember you well and John Moore, Peter Scrivens & Pauline who lived next to Dillons shop. Holmes family are cousins.
John.

Brilliant post..........heres Aston Brook St in 1939.......our relatives are in 126...think Doris worked in the cycle factory...they later moved to 20 Tower Road. I wonder if anyone knows the Bayley or Rice families...also Overton which was Alice's maiden name.
At 134 were the large Haycock family.

Attachments

• 126 absTREET.PNG
    126 absTREET.PNG
    817.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back