• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ashted

Villager

Brummie babby
Amongst a collection of postcards that belonged to my grand mother,there are a number addressed to my grand father at 132 Ashted Row, the family name was Postlethwaite. I am sure that the daughter Clara went into service with a local doctor

Villager

Brummie babby
My late husband was born in 132 Ashted Row, his mother was Winnie Bayliss nee Whiting,she had a brother Harry Whiting and her mother was Clara.i did have the discharge papers for a Postlewaithe.

Villager

Brummie babby
Amongst a collection of postcards that belonged to my grand mother,there are a number addressed to my grand father at 132 Ashted Row, the family name was Postlethwaite. I am sure that the daughter Clara went into service with a local doctor

Villager

Brummie babby

Villager

Brummie babby
I will try a photo graph over the weekend I will also attempt to photograph the PC with the address and stamp on it
p

Villager

Brummie babby
My late husband was born at 132 Ashted Row,his grandmother was Clara,l did have discharge papers for a "Postlethwaite" are you a descendant of Harry Whiting ?

Edifi

master brummie
Does anyone remember the tram stop outside the paper shop at the Cap or Cab stand by the barbers(Georges).There was the Brewery and Dr Tighe's