• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

February 2013 edition Story of Ashted

Amongst a collection of postcards that belonged to my grand mother,there are a number addressed to my grand father at 132 Ashted Row, the family name was Postlethwaite. I am sure that the daughter Clara went into service with a local doctor

My late husband was born in 132 Ashted Row, his mother was Winnie Bayliss nee Whiting,she had a brother Harry Whiting and her mother was Clara.i did have the discharge papers for a Postlewaithe.

Amongst a collection of postcards that belonged to my grand mother,there are a number addressed to my grand father at 132 Ashted Row, the family name was Postlethwaite. I am sure that the daughter Clara went into service with a local doctor

I will try a photo graph over the weekend I will also attempt to photograph the PC with the address and stamp on it
p

My late husband was born at 132 Ashted Row,his grandmother was Clara,l did have discharge papers for a "Postlethwaite" are you a descendant of Harry Whiting ?

Does anyone remember the tram stop outside the paper shop at the Cap or Cab stand by the barbers(Georges).There was the Brewery and Dr Tighe's

Does anyone remember the tram stop outside the paper shop at the Cap or Cab stand by the barbers(Georges).There was the Brewery and Dr Tighe's
Yes my mom took us to Dr Tighe’s surgery and her mom (my grandmother) took her to Dr Tighe’s father before that. We didn’t live in Ashtead Row but all mom’s family lived in Duddeston so we were always up and down on the bus.

Back