• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ash Rubber Stamp Gt Hampton St

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi mike could i have a map please showing where ash rubber stamp was...used to work there in the earl 70s...pretty sure the building is still there but i just cant quite pinpoint which one it is...thanks mike

lyn

According to Kellys (1973) it was 19-20 Constitution Hill. This is shown on th ec 1950 map in red. Looking at google streetview, I would reckon that was the right hand part of SND lighting, which occupies the corner and the next building to it, However they give their address as 23-25, which, according to my view of the map, is only the corner site. Hope that makes sense

map c 1950 showing 19,21 constitiution hill.jpg

amazing how the years can play tricks mike...i thought that ash rubber stamp (was going to shorten that but thought better of it lol) was in gt hampton st but yes its coming back to me now it was of course constitution hill with the hen and chickens close by...thanks mike the building i thought it was is in very poor condition so im pleased to know that the correct building is looking good and is at least being use..

lyn

Back