• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Cadman Arthur James

Hughes

master brummie
I have Arthur on my Family Tree.he was born in Walsall 1903
It seems he went to Canada then America. on Ancestry there are 2 entrys Canada Arrivals Quebec 1919 to 1924
also U S Border Crossings from Canada at Niagra Falls. Unfortunatly I have not got world wide membership perhaps some kind member can help me out and fill in the blanks
Regards
John Hughes

I have an Arthur Biddulph who went from Liverpool into Canada and crossed through Vermont into USA. It was easier to get into Canada and cross into USA than actually get straight into USA. (Early 1900s)

Last edited:
I have Arthur on my Family Tree.he was born in Walsall 1903
It seems he went to Canada then America. on Ancestry there are 2 entrys Canada Arrivals Quebec 1919 to 1924
also U S Border Crossings from Canada at Niagra Falls. Unfortunatly I have not got world wide membership perhaps some kind member can help me out and fill in the blanks
Regards
John Hughes
My father in law, Ernest Cadman, born Walsall 1914, had a brother Arthur, who went to Canada. We dont' know any more than that, though. We think another brother went to St Johannesburg, South Africa.

Ernest Cadman born 1914 to Arthur Cadman and Ellen Amelia Robinson who married in 1900
1901 living with in laws Warwick Street Walsall.
Arthur age 27 Gardener b Sutton Coldfield
Ellen age 25 b Walsall
Maud age 2 months b Walsall

1911 75 Florence street, Walsall
Arthur Cadman age 38 b Hill Hook , (Sutton coldfield),Jobbing gardener
Ellen amelia age 36 ,Bridle stitcher
Maud age 10
Arthur James age 8
Frederick Roland 5
Sidney 2
after 1911 census children were
William h 1911
Clara E 1913 and Elsie M 1913 twins (Elsie died age 3 in 1916)
Ernest 1914
Albert 19 16

Arthur James b 1903 is on record crossing Canada to US.

Wow wow wow!!! Thank you so much!! That is, indeed, my father in law's family!! My father in law had a difficult childhood, and lost touch with all his siblings except Sid, so we don't know much about them. My husband does remember once being taken to visit Clara. We had no idea that Clara had been a twin. That is all so interesting! Thanks again - wonderful!

Ellen Amelia Cadman [nee Robinson] ended up living in a house in Gravelly Lane, Erdington. My father in law bought it - we think from the landlord, after a bit of a bidding war with other tenants who lived in the front room, around 1950. I'm not sure if Ellen was still alive that that point, but certainly was living there during WW2.

Ellen lived at 385 Gravelly hill in 1939 her status married with her son Sidney his status single, she died in 1949.
Arthur was not living there in 1939.
Walsall Wood road Aldridge
Arthur J Cadman b 23rd Aug 1873 retired gardener , status married
James Perry 23rd Jan 1870 retired miner status widower.

Thanks again. We knew they were no longer living together but are unsure why. My sister in law thinks that they were separated. I will take a look at some records when i'm next in the library [Tuesday], when I get free access to the records.

Back