• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Arthur and ann lavender

Dave Bath

master brummie
Happy New Year to all BHF members.

I am looking for information pre and post the 1881 Census regarding the family Lavender as I am led to believe that this Family Tree is linked to my own Bath Family Tree or the Bunford/Arnold Family Trees somewhere in the past and was linked again possibly with the Baker/Bailey Family Trees from Bristol within this timeframe.

Arthur Lavender, a Blacksmith, born 1862, his wife Ann, born 1857, married in 1891, and daughters, Edith b. 1885, Annie b. 1887 and son Arthur b. 1890, lived near 26 Bracebridge Street, Aston. Ann Lavender's aunt, Amy Bailey, widow b. 1829, in Nottingham, was at the address at the time of the 1891 census. There is some doubt about the address as the 1891 census indicates some house number changes. 1891 Census info on Edith has references:-
Born Birmingham, Address. Bracebridge Street, Archive Ref. RG12, Piece No. 2419, Folio 77 and Page 16.

If anyone can find some details and has any queries regarding any of the Family Trees mentioned above, I have an unfinished MSExcel file (.xls)) that I could send if they could send their email address as I have never mastered the 'new' method of attaching files.

Arthur Lavender is listed in the 1892 kellys (which would probably refer to 1891 as 1892 is publication year) as being a milk seller at 20 Bracebridge st, the address being as recorded in the census. There were no changes in house numbers in Bracebridge st to my knowledge. The numbering was always odd one side, even the other. you only mention the 1881 & 1891 censuses. they are also at the same address in 1901, though then he is a blacksmith, and annie, his widow is there in 1911. the position of the house is marked in blue on the map below.

bracebridge_stA__showing_no_20.jpg

Back