• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Army service - help

craiguito

master brummie
I'm trying to find out where my great grandfather served during WW1. He was Joseph Rosenberg. He did survive. The info I have so far is: WW1 Medal card . Reg.No. 62304 Welsh Regiment Pte Joseph Rosenberg Awarded British medal (Roll J/1/104A Page 69). He was listed as living at 26 All Saints Rd. Interesting because he was a German Jew who came to Brum before WW1 and fought for GB
Any help would be much appreciated as we don't really know much about him.
Craig

Craig, to take this much further you need to determine his battalion. You can do that by looking up his entry in the medal roll.

Note too that the service records of surnames lettered R are not yet digitised and therefore not online. They are (that is, the ones that survived are) on microfilm at the National Archives ... where the medal rolls are.

Back