• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Archer family - Bordesley Green/Small Heath area

Keith Archer

Hi all, what a great Forum site!

Looking for information on Archer family - lived in Bordesley Green/Small Heath area. Also Burgess family from Aston?
Looking for memories or any info ... Victoria Road, Bowling Green (road or lane) area for Archers.

Many Thanks!

Re: Looking for information on Archer family - Bordesley Green/Small Heath area

More information reqired. i.e. full name D>O>B etc.
There are quite a lot of Burgess famiklies.
Willilm Burgess and family on the 1911 census living in Sandy Lane Aston. born 1866

There was a little old lady named Mrs Archer who lived next door to us in Third Avenue, she was a lovely old lady who always dressed in Victorian clothing.
My brother put me through her upstairs window when I was about 5 years old, because she hadn't been seen for a few days, and I found her dead on the sofa.
I think that because she was such a nice person, I wasn't afraid.
This would have been about 1950/51.

Thanks for this info! This must be a relative I think. My Grandfather Frederick William Archer and Grandmother Eveline Archer lived in Botha Road through the war and then Pretoria Road. My Dad, Douglas Jeffrey Archer and mom Ann Archer still live in Pretoria Road!

Another Archer request.
Would anyone know of a couple of brothers, Norman &Dennis?
lived at Slade Road, Erdington just after the war, then moved to Aston and then Hollywood.

Back