• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Anyone remember visiting Weymouth

Weymouth was a good Run Ashore :), if you made it out of Portland :):) and the final calling was the Greasy Spoon :):):rolleyes:

Yes was Shirley Ann Field. Think the male actor talking to Shirley Ann.Was either American or Canadian actor. He was in couple TV series in 60s. Dont remember his name.

I travelled to Guernsey with Bartley Green Scout Troop in around 1963. We travelled from Birmingham New Street to Weymouth by train. British Railways had delivered a carriage on a trailer to the Scout Hut in Lutley Grove and we had all of our camping equipment and our own luggage in there. It had to be done about 2 weeks before the trip. When we got to Weymouth, the train travelled all along the quay side. I even remember seeing our carriage being loaded onto the ferry. When we arrived in Guernsey, we had to wait for the carriage to be taken off the ferry and loaded onto a trailer to be taken to our camp site. Then the work begun. Digging the latrines, (always the first task) unloading the carriage, setting up the tents, camp fire places, cooking stations as each tent did their own cooking. What a fabulous time we had as youngsters. Three Cheers to George Morris, the Scoutmaster.

Back