• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Any sites like this based in S. Goucestershire/Somerset?

printmeister

master brummie
Many of my ancestors lived in Bristol and surrounding areas before my paternal grandparents moved up to Birmingham and I wondered if anyone knows of any local history sites of that area that are as good as this one.

C

colin walker

i know there is a bristol and bedminster forum set up in 2007 just type in search bristol forum .colin

golfy

knowlegable brummie
Hi - I notice that one of the names you are researching is Govier. My Grandad's "grandma" was a Joan Govier. She married a John Mitchell of Chard, Somerset (dob 1783-1848) Is this your Govier?

A

Ann B

The Family Tree Forum covers the whole of the country.

Ann

printmeister

master brummie
Hi - I notice that one of the names you are researching is Govier. My Grandad's "grandma" was a Joan Govier. She married a John Mitchell of Chard, Somerset (dob 1783-1848) Is this your Govier?
Hi golfy,
I haven't got a Joan Govier in my list. My great great grandfather was Isaac Govier of Pitminster near Taunton. There were quite a few Goviers in that area and into Devon. There is a good reference to different branches of Goviers at:
https://www.huxtable.org/govier/Govier.html

Oops scrub that... the page has been taken down

Last edited: