• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

any mcdonoughs played for villa or birmingham from 1800

dravan57

hi folks any information on any football player named mcdonough who may have played for asto villa or bham or any local teams cheers

Not played 1st team for Villa between 1874 & 1989 but he could have played in the other teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just picked up on this old thread. I don't know how far back you were trying to go but Roy McDonough played a bit for Blues I remember. Would have been mid 1970s

Bob

Hi Glaciermint, Martensen Villa database mentions a G and and an R
Mc Donough involved with club during the 1974/5 season but not playing for the first team Best wishes WAK

From what I have managed to find out in the last few minutes, there was a Roy McDonough at Blues 1976-77. and a Jim McDonough in 1984-85. I cant at present tell if they actually played or not, but if I find anything else out, I will be back in touch. Barry.

Sorry Dravan, but just realised that Jim was actually spelt McDonagh. Dont know if this makes any difference to you. Barry.

Back