• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Any Hope for this Photo?

Lovely old photo Lynda. I hope someone is able to help you. Its not as if you can get another one is it?

Thanks Baz. Yes. I reckon its nearly 120 years old and is of the Mattox/Smith family of Wednesfield/Wolverhampton area.
Lynda:)

Lynda what a lovely photo. I will ask Pete to have a go later but he said he is not as good as the folks on the forum. Jean.

What a lovely old photo. How have the heads been put on at the top? - I didn't know they could do anything like that all those years ago.
Polly

That is so good. Thankyou Kevkonk.. Polly. Don't ask me how they do it? I don't know how a camera works now never mind back then. I said nearly 120 years old, but I had not thought it through., but it must be well over a hundred years. Can anyone identify the era?

Lynda, I can see you are going to end up with a really good photo - we have very clever members on this site don't we.
Polly :)

Whoops - posted the wrong one - sorry - here's the one I meant to post.
Artistic licence taken .

Thank you so much for all your help. The images are so much clearer now. I must have another look at the younger ones who I have photos of and maybe I'll be able to identify them.

According to ChinaKay and Jim 1 from a photo dating site,
There's quite an narrow gap when some of these clothes & hairstyles were in fashion which is around 1909-12

Back