• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Any Hope for this Photo?

BazzM

master brummie
Lovely old photo Lynda. I hope someone is able to help you. Its not as if you can get another one is it?

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
Thanks Baz. Yes. I reckon its nearly 120 years old and is of the Mattox/Smith family of Wednesfield/Wolverhampton area.
Lynda:)

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
Lynda what a lovely photo. I will ask Pete to have a go later but he said he is not as good as the folks on the forum. Jean.

pollypops

master brummie
What a lovely old photo. How have the heads been put on at the top? - I didn't know they could do anything like that all those years ago.
Polly

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
That is so good. Thankyou Kevkonk.. Polly. Don't ask me how they do it? I don't know how a camera works now never mind back then. I said nearly 120 years old, but I had not thought it through., but it must be well over a hundred years. Can anyone identify the era?

pollypops

master brummie
Lynda, I can see you are going to end up with a really good photo - we have very clever members on this site don't we.
Polly :)

Ian FOFB

Brummie yes ! Novice no !
Whoops - posted the wrong one - sorry - here's the one I meant to post.
Artistic licence taken .

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
Thank you so much for all your help. The images are so much clearer now. I must have another look at the younger ones who I have photos of and maybe I'll be able to identify them.

Kevkonk

master brummie
According to ChinaKay and Jim 1 from a photo dating site,
There's quite an narrow gap when some of these clothes & hairstyles were in fashion which is around 1909-12