• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sauce bottle manufacturer Birmingham

Sorry that should have said triangle, circle or diamond. There are bottle manufacturers all over the world who have used "P" as their emblem. Not just UK, but Spain, Turkey and Russia to mention a few!

Hi

Yes the P seems a clue - we have many examples of the Holbrook bottles with a P, also some HP bottles with a P

And we have found one Holbrook with a P and a Knot P Knot - haha

So we have HP with just a plain P, and HP with only the Knot

We have Holbrook with just a plain P, and a Holbrook with only the knot, and a Holbrook with a P and a knot.

A glass bottle maker that used the P by itself and also used the Staffordshire Knot and a combination of P and the knot.

Birmingham pre 1911 - Handsworth Parish ?

MIKE

Attachments

• Holbrook with P and Knot.jpg
    Holbrook with P and Knot.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 6
This is the base of a Holbrook I have in my collection .

P only embossed.

Attachments

• Holbrook Base.jpg
    Holbrook Base.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Holbrook Bottle.jpg
    Holbrook Bottle.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 5
Hi Reelpro,

I am on the case with some of my fraternity of glass afficianados. I have to admit that currently I am stumped. Percival Vickers in Manchester comes to mind - just because of the "P", but that doesn't feel right. They wouldn't use a Stafford knot either.

Regards

Jason

Back