• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ansells Brewery

Hello "Brumgum" I only ever drank Vimto there mate! I don't know what it's like today, I haven't been in the old place since 1958.

hi to you all,im new on here so bear with me,my dad used to work for ansells in the 60s70,early 80s,his name was bob rigby,he was at aton first i belive then moved to aldridge ,and he was a drayman,his hoppo was frankie dennis,just wandered if any of you remembered him......thanks

cracking clip cal, i knew the 2 tonies very well, tony deane was our goalie, and a good singer. regards paul.
ps also ken bradley.

Your UncleTony was a mate of my dad, Tony Deane and Micky Coleman also on there :fat:
nice one call ,he might of known my dad then cos my dad was married to tony's sister jan(my mom),like i said earlier my dad worked there for 25 years and played in the footy team in the 70s and 80s ,i always remember going to the ansells club at perry barr at the weekends when i was a young en......:emmersed:

My dad is on this site as well so I have told him to have a look at some of the names :topsy_turvy: I remember going to the club once or twice to see a band called Calico Blue, I think one of my dads mates was in the band. Such a long time ago..... makes me feel old!!! :uncomfortableness:

Hi everybody I worked at Ansell's 70s 80s as a back man my driver was Bunny Gunn anybody remember me Len Price

Back