• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ansells Brewery

Hi Lindev hope you are Ok. i knew the Tiernys when i worked for Ansells at Park Rd.
there was the father and two sons who worked there.
i remember when the dad won £16,ooo quid on the Warwick pools.

Hi Lindev hope you are Ok. i knew the Tiernys when i worked for Ansells at Park Rd.
there was the father and two sons who worked there.
i remember when the dad won £16,ooo quid on the Warwick pools.

hi there can you remember which tierney you worked with because about 3 brothers worked there i believe, they were a very nice family i lived by them for years in brookfields

hi there can you remember which tierney you worked with because about 3 brothers worked there i believe, they were a very nice family i lived by them for years in brookfields
Pat and Terry Richard but Pete does not know the third brothers name. Jean.

Go Advanced scroll down ,click on manage attachments a new pop up menu will appear choose file option ( where photo is stored). Dek

Lindev Pete said thanks as he couldn't remember that name. Richard do you remember Albert Lyndon one of the checkers?. Jean.

Re: The strike of 1981.

Hello Jean,

Ask your husband, does he remember the name of the Union Convenor during that dispute. I worked at Inde Coope of Burton at the time, and a few of us was talking about the Breweries etc. But nobody could recall his name. Would appreciate it if you could name him, thanks Barrye

Re: The strike of 1981.

Ken Bradly and Decklyn Smyth was the two names I recall from those days. Mike

hi jean ; yes i remember it very well ; and that strike in my eyes was the down fall of the company it neverreally gained its foot hold
back on the market i was an ansells man ; do you remember the advert are you an ansells man drinker in the papers
and when they eventualy foldedsome of the workers formed a co/operitive and formed the aston mannor brewing at thimble lane
and a good pint they produced i beleive it was doug ellisss son in law whom was the managering director there when it started it up incidently
whom recalls doug ellis travel agenceny in he paradise circus
and sylv; do you recall all the workers used to wear cloggs in and around the ansells brewery all there workrs used to have them working in the brewey every day you could hear an army of the workrs walking down the lichfield rd in there dinner hour in there brown overalls and there dutch cloggs banging
along the pavements of lichfield rd scurrying o astons the cake shop at the botom of our terace and the rest queing up to get in and out
of thompsons the butchers this is during the early yeas of the 1940,s doyou know whatyear did ansells introduce the cloggs please
merry christmas to each and every one of you all and best wishes for the year of 2012 alan astonian;;;;;

Thanks for answering that Mick. We see one of them in Bewdley and he avoids Pete like the plague. Yes Alan the strike was awful. Pete was in hospital at the time they voted to strike and he said what would happen.

Hi jean
my uncle frank marsden worked there at aston cross on the drays delivering the barrells from the motor
l orries and prior to that he was on the horse and carts
during he forties and fifteis he lived at number tenpark street ten doors from the vine pub lichfield rd
he was born in wiggan and kept his accent to the end he died in around fifty six alan astonian

Back