• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ansells Brewery

Len who do you remember from there?.
here is a few Dennis Kennedy Dennis Knight Tony Deakin Tony Deane Micky Baker Bunny Gunn Pete Woods Dave Ives Black Bat Harry The Feet Micky Coleman Jimmy Jehovah Henry Eduard From the group who played at the Ansells club calico blue

benny beatle, bolton billy, andy cash, benny cashmore,declan smythe, the tierney twins, frankie cleland,
jimmy alsop, brian benbow, barry sharples, etc etc, could go on. was best of freinds with dennis.

benny beatle, bolton billy, andy cash, benny cashmore,declan smythe, the tierney twins, frankie cleland,
jimmy alsop, brian benbow, barry sharples, etc etc, could go on. was best of freinds with dennis.
thanks Paul I remember all of those names yes dennis was a very good friend of mine I worked with him in the canning dept before going on to transport

Thanks Len only just got back after a few days down the van. Will make a not and phone my brother later. Jean.

They have decided to keep Albert in hospital till Tuesday but will get him to put on his thinking cap on Wednesday Len.

HI ALL
This a picture of workers at Ansells 1924.The young boy in the white overalls is my father in law Albert Palmer. He had just started at the brewery.
I hope to follow this with some pictures of a Ansells pensioners meeting in 1998. Some of your old relatives may be on one of them.
KEN

Thank you so much for those lovely photo's Ken. Did the Minchin's have a son by the name of Dave who also later worked for Ansells?.

Back