• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ansells Argosy

Stevehanson

master brummie
Hi, I have just discovered quite a few Ansells Argosy magazines in a box in our loft. Is there any brewery museum interested. There is a photo of a football team looks 70s also a bunch of fishermen. I have also found some transport beer tickets.

Last edited:
Hi, I have just discovered quite a few Ansells Argosy magazines in a box in our loft. Is there any brewery museum interested. There is a photo of a football team looks 70s also a bunch of fishermen.
I would really like them to add to my Ansell's section of my website. If any forum member wants them as keepsakes afterwards I can pass them on. Thanks for the offer of donating them for good use.

If I could just clarify my intention - I only want to borrow them to scan etc. I would then do a similar thing to the M&B magazine I have uploaded to : https://www.midlandspubs.co.uk/brew...-butlers/deerstalker/1953/volume5-number4.htm
If you hand them into the library they will sit in storage until a volunteer [they can't afford any staff] gets around to cataloging them in about 20 years time. My method gets them out to the public where they will serve greater value and make a better contribution to online history. Cheers, Kieron

Back