• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Another gem

silhouette53

master brummie
When my eldest daughter Trisha was 3 ( she's almost 26 now) I returned home from the city centre one day with some books I'd bought from Hudsons - as I was taking them from the bag she came and watched me, her little face just able to peer over the table top. "What are those daddy ?" she asked. "They're books" I replied. "Who are they for ?" was the next question. "They're for me Trish" - She looked up at me with a big smile and said :
"Awwwwwww, daddy you're very kind to yourself !"

We still laugh about that today !!

Yesterday at my grandson's 5th birthday party the waitress asked him how old he was he promptly replied 10. We all laughed and the conversation with his friends went on until he was 101. His uncle my youngest son piped up, I can remember having conversation like that and a million was the biggest number of all. His brother then said I bet you still have those conversations in the board room!:D

I was sat on the beach in Devon with my four year old grand-daughter Charlotte who was nearing five years old. I said to her, "When are you five Charlotte". Reply, "When I've finished being four". You can't argue with that. George.

Back