• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Another challange

tonyddol

proper brummie kid
Could I ask our resident group of WW1 experts to comment on the following photographs. The originals are only post card size and don't have a lot of detail but can anyone help identify the regiment and location, or any other observations. Regards Tony

The cap badge on the pic on the right, is a "grenade over a hunting horn" I remember seeing that in my dads collection of regimental badges, long gone now. I will Google, shouldn't be hard to find.

It still looks like a grenade, but heres a choice of three to start with.
left to right: Herefordshire light Infantry (territorial);
Oxfordshire & buckinghamshire Light Infantry; The Kings (Shropshire Light Infantry.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The photograph on the left is that of group of wounded soldiers at a hospital. They are wearing 'Hospital Blues'. A pale blue jacket and trousers, white shirt and red tie.

Terry

I can't identify the badge, if you zoom in it's definately a "grenade" above a horn, the grenade is usually associated with Fussiliers and the horn with Light Infantry.
Sorry I can't be more help

Back