• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Another Bus Location

Birmingham Road, Dudley, perhaps?

The chimmneys and frontage of the 'Hansons' property look very similar.
Yes you have found it ...
So Heartland now knows where he was when he took his photo all those years ago ... :grinning:

Yes you have found it ...
So Heartland now knows where he was when he took his photo all those years ago ... :grinning:
I do hope so. It is frightening how much the built environment changes over the years. I doubt if anything survives of the background to 'our other bus'!

I do hope so. It is frightening how much the built environment changes over the years. I doubt if anything survives of the background to 'our other bus'!
In 1950 there were tennis courts where the Esso petrol station would later be built. Opposite the hotel appears to be an unfenced bowling green which people were apparently using as a short-cut.
BusLoc1950.jpg
image from 'britainfromabove'

In 1950 there were tennis courts where the Esso petrol station would later be built. Opposite the hotel appears to be an unfenced bowling green which people were apparently using as a short-cut.
And the road was a single carriageway!

Back