• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

anglesey street

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi bill...as promised heres some pics of your street..dont know if your house is in them but hopefully....just had a look bill..sorry they are on the opposite side to you but i think the year is about right...

lyn

pict 3...bill this back yard could be anywhere....

hope these are ok for you

lyn

This could be Patshull Place which if I remember correctly was in Anglesey Street. Walking up Anglesey Street from Nursery Road before you go to Graham Street on your left, I am sure there was an opening with more houses down there built in a little square. I am sure it is gated off now. Could be completely wrong of course - memories do play tricks sometimes.

pict 3...bill this back yard could be anywhere....

hope these are ok for you

lyn

This could be Patshull Place which if I remember correctly was in Anglesey Street. Walking up Anglesey Street from Nursery Road before you go to Graham Street on your left, I am sure there was an opening with more houses down there built in a little square. I am sure it is gated off now. Could be completely wrong of course - memories do play tricks sometimes.

hi jules thanks for the idea..when myself and mayfield took pics of anglesey st last year i am sure i remember taking some of a patshull place...but i will have to dig deep into me archives to find it...if it is there i will post...

lyn

hi jules thanks for the idea..when myself and mayfield took pics of anglesey st last year i am sure i remember taking some of a patshull place...but i will have to dig deep into me archives to find it...if it is there i will post...

lyn

That would be great lyn - thanks.

hi jules..yes i was right...thank god me memory hasnt gone....

this is the place name on the wall...then we walked down past it and came accross these houses....

lyn

hang on jules i will go and look..i could be wrong of course...

lyn

Theres no rush Lyn. From what I remember I think it was closed off last time I was in the street, either the houses were all boarded up or had been demolished. jules

Theres no rush Lyn. From what I remember I think it was closed off last time I was in the street, either the houses were all boarded up or had been demolished. jules

oops you got there before I could post the above. You are super quick Lyn!! Yes this is the place I had in mind. I wonder if its the same place as in your earlier photos? If my memory serves me correct it is destinct possibility. Thanks again.

same arched windows jules..mind you last dont mean anything i surpose...but like you said..its a good possibility....

lyn

Lyn
We lived on the opposite side in Anglesey st. no 173.The back yard looks very much like the one on our side of the street down towards the bottom. On the corner of oneside was a shop can`t remember name. On the other side i remeber lived a biker were many a day there used to be many bikes roaring up and down the street and congrgating outside the house.Do you remeber a shop on corner of Nursery rd/Anglesey st. called Heskiths?

nice find topsy...if alfred place was at the bottom end then as you know its gone...could be the top end of anglesey st though..

lyn

Alfred place is marked in red on the c 1955 map below

map_c_1955_alfred_place_anglesey_st.jpg

Hi Lyn
Hope you are well. Any chance you still have the oriiginal photos that you could re-post on the thread or email to me. An old mate of mine, Graham Simcox, lived in Angelsey Street and I would like to send them to him. Anyone remember him or his family? c1940's to c1960's

Lyn
We lived on the opposite side in Anglesey st. no 173.The back yard looks very much like the one on our side of the street down towards the bottom. On the corner of oneside was a shop can`t remember name. On the other side i remeber lived a biker were many a day there used to be many bikes roaring up and down the street and congrgating outside the house.Do you remeber a shop on corner of Nursery rd/Anglesey st. called Heskiths?

bilco so sorry i missed this old post of yours but no i cant recall heskiths shop...is 173 still there or was your house in the part of the street that was demolished..

hi dave im sure there is another thread for anglesley st with photos on it...will have a look for you if not later on i will re post some pic i have on this thread..

lyn

Last edited:
bilco so sorry i missed this old post of yours but no i cant recall heskiths shop...is 173 still there or was your house in the part of the street that was demolished..

hi dave im sure there is another thread for anglesley st with photos on it...will have a look for you if not later on i will re post some pic i have on this thread..

lyn
I lived at 174 in the 60s

Back