• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Anderson - Dundee

jjuj

master brummie
Hi, I have certificate of birth for Robert Syney Anderson b july 10 1913. mother Jeanie Milne Anderson. The birth was registered in the district of St. Mary in burgh of Dundee. Entry No 546. There is an address 5 Long Wynd dundee for the birth. This cannot be the original as there is a date stamp 1 Dec 1931. Robert was bought up by his fathers family Houston, and always beleived it was it surname :rolleyes: until 1956 when he changed by deed poll from Anderson to Houston. The Houston family lived in Ellen Street Birmingham

I have not been able to find any records of mother or child and would appreciate any help you can give:)

Hi there,have you tried here? It is a pay per view site though.
https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/search/census/index.aspx?1901
I don't know whether you have the info from the electoral rolls for Ellen St or not,but I'll post them anyway!
Electoral Roll for 84 Ellen Street
Robert Houston
Harold Houston 316050, Dvr., 32nd Middlesex R., Inf.
Bertram Houston H/50910, Pte., Imp. Camel Corps
Bertram and Mary Houston
Robert Henry and Mary Houston
Robert Henry,Mary,Gertrude Emily,Annie Kathie,Ivy Beatrice and Ida Constance Houston.
Robert Henry Arthur,Gertrude Emily,Robert Sidney,Ivy Beatrice,and Annie Pattie(?)Houston
Robert Henry Arthur, Annie Pattie,Ivy Beatrice,Gertrude Emily Houston and Gordon MacFan.
Robert Henry Arthur,Gertrude Emily, Annie Pattie,Robert Sidney and Frances A.Houston
Robert Henry Arthur,Gertrude Emily, Annie Pattie Houston
Also in 1950 Robert S and Frances A Houston were living at 1 back of 25 Ellen St.
Hope it helps

Thank you for electorol rolls, That is really helpful. There was a name there I hope is one I have been searching for, but as is sometimes the case, people don't use their given names! I have not tried Scotlands people yet :rolleyes:. I thought that Ancestry.com would have had it on there!

Thank you. I really appreciate your help

Back