• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

an evening with carl chinn 1st february

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks had a wonderful night last night at carls talk which was held at the newtown social club...first half was spent being interviewed by llewela bailey about his life and how he first started to become interested in the history or birmingham...second half carl talked about the history of birmingham and the importance of the working man and even more so the working women of this city..never enough time of course even after a good 2 hours..it was lovely to meet his wife kay and one of carls daughters..place was packed with about 500 people so a great turnout..carl even mentioned this forum:) which i know he appreciates because we keep the history of birmingham alive..here are a couple of photos of the evening

lyn

thumbnail - 2024-02-02T011636.963.jpgthumbnail - 2024-02-02T011208.162.jpgthumbnail - 2024-02-02T010940.699.jpgthumbnail - 2024-02-02T010718.020.jpgthumbnail - 2024-02-02T010445.843.jpgPXL_20240201_221737362.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
hi folks had a wonderful night last night at carls talk which was held at the newtown social club...first half was spent being interviewed by llewela bailey about his life and how he first started to become interested in the history or birmingham...second half carl talked about the history of birmingham and the importance of the working man and even more so the working women of this city..never enough time of course even after a good 2 hours..it was lovely to meet his wife kay and one of carls daughters..place was packed with about 500 people so a great turnout..carl even mentioned this forum:) which i know he appreciates because we keep the history of birmingham alive..here are a couple of photos of the evening

lyn

View attachment 188717View attachment 188718View attachment 188719View attachment 188720View attachment 188721View attachment 188722
Damn! (Can I say that on this forum?) Would have loved to have been there!
Main frustration of being overseas, can't attend local évents.

as promised folks..details of carls next talk...tickets on sale now

lyn

lyn

View attachment 188717View attachment 188718View attachment 188719View attachment 188720View attachment 188721View attachment 188722

hi nellie the elephant glad you enjoyed the night...your second photo shows the back of a lady with blond hair...that is carls wife kay and i was sitting on the right of kay..you can just see my blue jeans and black trainers with gold trim :D

lyn

As I understand it from the ticket, it is at the Zellig building (part of the old custard factory), which is next to the old library

Back