• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Alma Street Junior & Infants

Hi Stephen

Welcome to Birmingham History Forum. Did you by any chance live in Flackwell Road, Erdington?

Reguards
No I didn't. We lived in Lozells Road opposite The Royal Oak pub. I used to walk to Alma Street Primary School through the back alleys on my own from about 5 years old, and then with my little sister a couple of years later. After leaving primary school we moved to Highters Heath.

Thank you so much Linda you have an excellent memory, unlike my good self! I can't believe I shall be 70 next year.
Yes time flies so quickly but 20 years ooer! Incredible.
Its lovely speaking to people I went to school with and sharing memories. Life is so different now. Yes we are fine and let me know how you are getting on and settling into your new house.

Take care
Carol xx
Thank you so much Linda you have an excellent memory, unlike my good self! I can't believe I shall be 70 next year.
Yes time flies so quickly but 20 years ooer! Incredible.
Its lovely speaking to people I went to school with and sharing memories. Life is so different now. Yes we are fine and let me know how you are getting on and settling into your new house.

Take care
Carol xx
Happy birthday Carol,
You are now a member of The Septuagenarian Club!

Sending my love and very best wishes
Linda x

Happy birthday Carol,
You are now a member of The Septuagenarian Club!

Sending my love and very best wishes
Linda x
Than you Linda. My three girls organised a Surprise party for me which was wonderful. I feel so lucky. How did I get to 70??? It has all gone by in a flash as I certainly don't feel 70!

I hope you and your family are all well and I will try to log on more often now.

Have a lovely day and thank you again. ( I'm going to break into my box of After Eights now!!!)

Love
Carol

Back