• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Alice May/Alicia Mary Young née Williams

Suy

proper brummie kid
Hello,

I am searching for information on Alicia Mary Williams, however, her name might also be Alice May Williams. She married John Ernest Young around the late 1930s and they had a daughter named Diane in 1943. At this time they were living in Membury Road. I am looking for Alicia/Alice and her parents, grandparents, etc.

I would be grateful for any information.
Many thanks,
Susan.

With reference to you other post and assuming that the John & Alice Young living in Aldridge are correct and Alice is the Alice May Williams registered Aston 1916.

There is a William Charles Williams living in Aston 1911 with wife, Annie Jane and 4 children. The youngest Edith Mary is registered Aston 1909 as Edith Mary Williams, mmn Harris.

There is no marriage for a William Charles Williams but there is a marriage registered Aston 1895 for a Charles Williams and an Annie Jane Harris.

William Charles Williams is listed as being born 1874 Manchester on 1911 census, Annie Jane 1878 Birmingham.

Hello,

I am searching for information on Alicia Mary Williams, however, her name might also be Alice May Williams. She married John Ernest Young around the late 1930s and they had a daughter named Diane in 1943. At this time they were living in Membury Road. I am looking for Alicia/Alice and her parents, grandparents, etc.

I would be grateful for any information.
Many thanks,
Susan.
Hi Susan

I am Diane’s daughter Karen. John & Alice Youngs granddaughter. All the dates and the road you mention are correct but I do not think my Nan was known as Alicia Mary Williams. If I can help with any information then please let me know.

Karen

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am looking for any information on both the Williams and the Young family, as far back as possible; names, places they lived, occupations, photos if possible.

If you would rather not share this information here, would it be possible to DM you? And if so, do you know if I can do that via this site?

Kind regards,
Susan.

You can PM people. Click on their name next to their avatar and then "start conversation". Only you and the recipient will see the message. Replies come to the little envelope next to your avatar at the top of the page.

Back