• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Alfred J Wilson, Royal Irish Rifles.

If he died in 1906 he couldn't have fathered Emily whose age is given as 1 yr. on the 1911 census.

Not an uncommon occurrence. My g g grandmother was widowed and had 4 children before she married again (not to those children's father(s)).

Emily is listed as Wilson, mmn Gumbley but must be someone else's

His eldest son was definitely Alfred James Albert, reg 1899, Allen probably an error. Albert Edward was youngest son, reg 1904. There was another son William Thomas reg 1901.

There is a tree on familysearch that suggests he died in 1906. There is death reg in Warwick 1906 for Alfred James Wilson, though age is slightly out. There also appears to be a burial at St Peter and St Paul in 1906, there doesn't seem to be a matching death in Aston for it.
I'm assuming these are the erroneous Manchester Alfred J. Wilson,s offspring?
Yes - I realised that but it matches up with Ethel's baptism.
I didn't come across a baptism for Emily but there might be one.
Neither have I but I have found a birth registered to an Emily Wilson 3rd quarter 1909 in Aston.

I'm assuming these are the erroneous Manchester Alfred J. Wilson,s offspring?

Neither have I but I have found a birth registered to an Emily Wilson 3rd quarter 1909 in Aston.

No, these are children of your Alfred James and Elizabeth Lucy Wilson.

As mentioned Alfred James Albert went to Canada in 1909 and William Thomas & Albert Edward are boarders in Kent in 1911.

It looks like William Thomas' army service records are on Ancestry, Elizabeth Lucy appears to be listed on them.

Back