• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Alf Delaney. Lucas's.

barrie

master brummie
I found this photo of my wifes late father, Alf Delaney. He used to work at Lucas's, Shaftmoor Lane. He is 3rd from left in the photo, I don't know who the other blokes are.

attachment.php

re alf delaney

hi barrie ,i worked with an alf delaney during the 1960,s .he run the furnaces in the experimental foundry at foseco in long acre nechells,if it,s the same man.polly

Hi Polly Kettle.

I worked at Foseco Nechells from the early 1970's on, and remember Alf Delaney in the experimental foundry. Not sure if it's the same AD as on Barrie's photo, though. However, he'd be a much older man when I knew him.

I think I remember you - your husband worked at Foseco too, I think. Didn't you both go to Australia courtesy of FIL? I went to the USA. Foseco was a good place to work in those days. I was in the Coatings Dept with Alan Dent as my boss. Any news of anyone at Foseco in those days will be welcome via a PM.

My dad worked as a part-time electrician at FIL after he retired in 1977, and was there for about 10 years.

Regards,

Big Gee

Last edited by a moderator:
foseco

hi bee gee,thats right i married in australia but foseco sent us out for four years.i did spend some time in the coatings lab before i went.i still keep in touch with a few old foseco in uk.martin wardell frank lawerence till he died afew years ago,i still keep in touch with his wife.carol walton ,ron moses wife in canada ron died and mike and barbara humm also in canada.i still keep in touch with my friends at foseco aus who include a few expats chris nail, geoff hymas who came out to replace me when i left to have my 1st child.was your father in law stan todd.?my aunty still lives in nechells and one of her friends is the father of margaret platt who worked in the typing pool and married chris hewitt who i worked with in the green sand lab.regards polly

Hi Polly. The Alf Delaney who was my wifes father was a toolmaker, he died in 1968 after a short illness (cancer) He was a great bloke.

Re: foseco

Hi Polly

Do you have any memories of Irene Hawkesford, who worked at Foseco sometime in the early 1970's. Her first husband was Chris Hewitt.

Kind regards

James

Back