• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aldridge Road .

Would anyone be able to tell me whereabouts on Aldridge Road this picture was taken please ?

Attachments

• Perry Barr Christ Church .jpg
    Perry Barr Christ Church .jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
img366.jpg
img367.jpg
Hello Topsy, I know someone who is interested in the Aldridge Road and immediate vicinity, he has given me this information for you.
This Bridge crosses the River Tame on the Aldridge Road quite close to Wickes I believe.

topsy what lovely pics...such a shame the georgan house with its gardens and underground passage was demolished...

lyn

Lyn, They are very interesting. I think Perry Pont was roughly where the Dairy was . I would loved to have seen it in it,s hey-day.

i agree topsy i thought it would have been roughly where the dairy was..i would love to have had a look at the underground passage lol

lyn

Me to lyn, I bet it was fasinating. To think i lived right by there for 18yrs and never knew it existed, only remember The Dairy.

A view of Aldridge Road just before the University was built. I think Alexander Stadium is to the left (top). Viv.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333143397.477429.jpg

that photo interests me...the building on the left has garage written on it and what was that large building on the right it looks very significant..wonder if anyone can solve it

Buntings Garage was somewhere about there if I'm looking at it from the right angle.
In the Seventies, Jack Bunting up and moved from Birmingham to Totnes, the garage there was mainly run by his son, But Jack in the way of many an older company owner would be on the forecourt usually in a brown cow gown painting the pumps. Luckily he had a well established relationship with the local Forward Trust area manager and we were introduced, but the rep' who walked up to Mr Bunting and asked in a superior finance company reps voice for the boss or any other more impolite description of the proprietor got very short shrift and once the deed had been done there was no way back. Jack Kershaw was the Forward Trust area manager and he was a Birmingham man
Bob Davis

Back