• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Albert Barlow .Hockley in the 1920's

Chuck1

Hi, I am trying to find details of an incident that happened in the 1920's.
Albert Barlow who was knocked down by a horse and cart in Hockley wondered if it might have been mentioned in the local paper.

Kind regards

There might be something in the Coventry Evening Telegraph from 23 July 1923 on findmypast.

The search result mentions an Albert Barlow from Birmingham playing (a barrel organ ?) in the street in Walsall but doesn't give the complete story. Hopefully someone with a sub will be able to see the complete article to see if it's relevant.

There are some local editions from the 1920s which are not online yet eg Birmingham Mail.
Does his death cert suggest there was an inquest? If so that might provide more information but Birmingham Library will not research for you - when possible you would need to search the records yourself or get some one to do it for you. I am waiting to get there to look at an inquest for a relative.

For info Chuck1 - this is the one I was talking about, but I dont have a date for it.

Attachments

• Hockley horse and cart.JPG
    Hockley horse and cart.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 10
Back