• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Alan Tucker - member of this forum

Chris_Baker

master brummie
I am not sure if this has already been mentioned: apologies if so. I have heard that Alan Tucker, an active and most helpful member of this forum, passed away on 5 September 2013. Alan was well progressed with work on a transcription of the WW1 war diaries of the battalions of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment and a guide to the traces of WW1 in the Birmingham area - both would have been fantastic works and we can only hope they are picked up and completed by someone else. I only ever met him on a couple of occasions (at meetings of the Birmingham Western Front Association and the conference of the Great War Forum, held at Tally Ho!) but have corresponded with him many times and he was unfailingly helpful. Very sad. My condolences to Alan's family and friends.

Very sad to read this - Thanks for bringing it to our attention Chris.

Our sincere condolences to Alan's family.

I Am very sorry to hear the loss of one of our most valued member of our forum which contibute a lot of input of his knowledge
my heart felt feeling go out to his family and relatives
and my sincere condolences from my wife and myself
R I P ALAN;

I'm very sorry to hear that news. It's a great loss in so many ways and especially of course to his family to whom I send my condolences.

Chris

Sorry I have only just picked up on this sad news. Thank you for bringing it to our attention Chris. Condolences to Alan's family. You will be greatly missed on the forum Alan. RIP.

If its the one and the same Alan Tucker ( Mr Tucker too me! or Sir!) he was my History teacher at Alderlea Boys 1973-78 period. History was a subject i enjoyed.
A top bloke & sorry I never got to exchange some school memories.

Back