• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

AEW badge and merchandise manufacturers

Richard McMahon

Hello,

i am am researching badge manufacturers in the 50s, 60s and 70s. There are many badges and key rings from that period for Jaguar, Man Utd, Liverpool, motorcycle companies etc which have the manufacturer's mark 'AEW BIRM' in a diamond on the back. Can anyone tell me anything about this company; where it was, its origins and what happened to it? I am assuming it is a different company to Arnold E Williams the silver tableware company for which there is another thread on this forum; unless someone can tell me different??

thanks everyone.

Richard

Richard, I worked for a silver plate company David Hollander at Plato works in Caroline Street in the 50s/60s and we made items that contained badges.
They were made by Thomas Fattorini and Sons and attached to our items in our works,
Alberta.

W.J. Dingley (Now Toye & Co) in Warstone Lane made badges - still do as far as I'm aware.
Doesn't help your search for AEW though I'm afraid!

This mark was placed on the products of A E Wakerley, one of the manufacturers in the Jewellery Quarter.

I did business with Mr Wakerley (Ivan) for many years, from the early 1970s until his retirement in the mid-1990s.

I still have some of the stock, and place it on ebay from time to time.

Back