• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Advice

GEFF

Geff
Would "Windows Essentials 2012" be of use to me,I am an 86 year old man who just likes reading the Forum Mail, involved in family and friends E. Mail, and generally looking up information when needed, also playing about with photographs. The Terms one has to accept look a bit involved to me. Advice would be appreciated.

Geff, I cannot speak for the whole package but 'Windows live photo gallery' is very useful for correcting and cropping photos, you could always keep that and delete the rest. Eric (aged 82)

Geff. It seems that you more or less have everything you need so personally I wouldn't go with Windows Essentials. If you would like some extra software for tinkering with your photos, there are a number of excellent free 'stand alone' options. Firstly, if you have Microsoft Office, the very useful but for some odd reason well hidden Microsoft Office Picture Manager is a good start (Microsoft Office - Microsoft Office Tools - Microsoft Office Picture Manager). Google's Picasa also has good editing facilities and doubles as a photo organiser. For more advanced editing, MAGIX Photo Designer 7 ticks all the boxes https://www.magix.com/gb/free-download/photo-designer. John

Back