• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Please Only Insert Wikipedia Links Not Full Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
Please don't cut and paste long articles from wikipedia, or anywhere else, as it taking up valuable bandwidth, by all means put a link to it.
While we are on the subject of Wikipedia, please don't believe that everything on there is factually true, it relies on visitors to add or update its knowledge base and some people alter the information to suit themselves.
Thank you.
Jim

... While we are on the subject of Wikipedia, please don't believe that everything on there is factually true, it relies on visitors to add or update its knowledge base and some people alter the information to suit themselves ...

Wise and timely advice, Jim. All sources (printed and internet) should be looked at with a critical eye. In my experience, the historical and biographical articles on Wikipedia are generally a good and well-documented starting point for research. Though it can be subject to malicious attack or additions and changes by people pushing a particular wheelbarrow, the site appears to me to be reasonably well moderated. The "Discussion" page should always be consulted, especially for controversial articles. The issue of Wikipedia reliability is discussed in considerable detail (and with remarkable frankness) in this Wikipedia article!

Good advice Jim. Like newspapers don't always believe what you read.

Jim, after uploading photos to the forum, they stay stored in my uploader ! Does this take up web site space ? i have tried to delete them from my page without success. I hope this makes sense? Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back