• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

PURPOSE OF BHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
Some of the longer standing members may recall that we used to have a section devoted to "Jokes ", this eventually deteriorated to a point where many members complained about the content plus the fact that too much space was taken up with trivia. The end result was a total closure of the entire site which lasted a whole week.
When I took this site over, I vowed this would never happen again even if it meant banning persistent offenders.
As the name states this is first and foremost a Birmingham History Forum. There are loads of other sites on the Internet where postings of non related topics can be posted.
Another problem has arisen regarding sarcastic or "veiled " remarks made to my Moderators, I won't stand for this kind of behavior on the forum, as I have said before, without these unselfish people who do a great job, there would not be a site. If you feel you are being unfairly treated, take it up with me in a I.M. or even a e-mail.
Lets all be nice and enjoy the site.

BIRMINGHAM HISTORY FORUM

The forum is predominantly concerned with aspects of the history of this great city ( the clue is in the name )

Just lately a lot of threads have wandered well off the purpose of this site, take for instance sport, if it is a thread about the history of Birmingham related sport, or sports persons, that's fine, but when it comes down to just slagging off different teams then there are hundreds of sites on the internet to accommodate all tastes, please use them instead.

If everyone adheres to the rules and uses common sense when posting, then we can all have a happy site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back