• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

ADVICE : 112 emergency services number & ICE tips

Thank you Postie, I didn't realise 112 worked that way. One of those things we hope we never have to do.
rosie.

Thanks Jim, I didn't know that info either, have now registered to use the 112 text service and it really is as easy as he says!!
Could be a lifesaver for anyone worldwide.
Sue

Great information postie. I wonder why the powers of be haven't told us about 112 by advertising it in the media

When I was in the ambulance service we were encouraged to have "in case of emergency" numbers on our mobile phones. When passcodes were introduced to phones I incorrectly believed that "ICE" had become obsolete. Today I discovered that iPhones have a facility that overcomes the passcode and I thought I should share this knowledge with anyone else as tech ignorant as myself. Can I encourage all and sundry to set up such numbers on their mobiles.
https://www.sharetap.it/7131/the-life-saving-iphone-tip-everyone-should-know/

Back