• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Adverts of yesteryear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MILO is still available in some shops/supermarkets. However it has been difficult to get in the last year due to the change of country where its is made apparently. Ovaltine is a similar but older being Swiss and coming to the UK at the beginning of the 20th. century.. MILO was developed in Australia in 1934.

MILO is still available in some shops/supermarkets. However it has been difficult to get in the last year due to the change of country where its is made apparently. Ovaltine is a similar but older being Swiss and coming to the UK at the beginning of the 20th. century.. MILO was developed in Australia in 1934.
WendyLee will now tell us that every night as they watch the Kangaroos hop off to roost and the Kookaburras cease calling Australians turn to their children and say drink up your Milo and eat your Vegimite sandwich before you go to bed. Thanks Alan for the info, interesting how the Australians parallel UK foods but with different names.
Bob

I used to love MILO when I was young, but even better than as a drink was just craftily eating spoonfuls of it, dry and sort of crispy! :)

Maurice :cool:

1580841396523.png1580841442365.pngI loved them.1580841596286.png but they did not work.
Banned - the advert that claims HORLICKS drink makes kids taller

You were supposed to stand on the tin :D ;)
your reply noted.... Their containers are soft plastic.so one. could not stand on them without injury.

Nestle's Maggi Noodles advert which has also been banned
Nestle and Horlicks said they never intended the adverts to screen in the UK.
The adverts were picked up by the Advertising Standards Authority monitoring staff, who challenged the two companies and Nepali TV to provide evidence to back up the claims.
Nestle and Horlicks manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) said their adverts had been broadcast on Nepali TV without their knowledge or consent.
Both said the adverts complied with legal requirements in Bangladesh.
GSK said Horlicks in Bangladesh was carefully fortified and the claims were supported by clinical studies undertaken by the National Institute of Nutrition in India.
The manufacturer said the product was not available in the UK and there was no intention of advertising it here.

Pete,

To my mind Horlicks was another product that tasted better straight out of the jar, but then I used to like Malted Milk Tablets as well! Never got to grips with noodles or sphagetti or pasta - a load of tasteless nothing! :)

Pete,

To my mind Horlicks was another product that tasted better straight out of the jar, but then I used to like Malted Milk Tablets as well! Never got to grips with noodles or sphagetti or pasta - a load of tasteless nothing! :)

Straight out of the tin,only one for me was Bournevita. Crunchy and very tasty. :yum:yum

Pete,

To my mind Horlicks was another product that tasted better straight out of the jar, but then I used to like Malted Milk Tablets as well! Never got to grips with noodles or spaghetti or pasta - a load of tasteless nothing! :)

Maurice. i would spoon it in my cakehole, and it would go into a lump, then chew it.:grinning:. never eat pasta. or noodles.once tried a pot doodle. yuk!

I don't think I ate any chewing gum for the last twenty years or so, even then before that it was rare event: it always appeared vulgar. I

If i had my way all chewing gum would be banned, or at least find an alternative that doesn`t stick to the pavement & everywhere else it touches. Looks bloody messy!!
[/QUOTE,.......There was a good supply under the desks.at school.:grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back