• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Adverts of yesteryear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case I won't mention the Cat & Fiddle. Crikey Neja you are spreading yourself around tonight on these threads - or is it me.
PS Fry's Chocolate Creams aren't just any old chocolate, they are a a well, too good for words. Mind you a drop of Grouse dosen't go amiss - purely for medicinal purposes of course, you understand
Kime

What do you mean Mike she's at it every day

GG joined in January 2008 and is only 2000 post behind me have a look.

I average 4.5 posts a day over 3 years GGs average must be 4 a minute

Last edited:
Andrews liver salts used to make me sneeze. Loved the taste but I think there was bicarb in it if I remember corectly. Don't listen to what Alf says he's always winding me up. I CAN WAIT. Jean.

Seeing the toothpaste ads does anyone remember Kolynos toothpaste, it was red and was supposed to make your gums redder so your teeth looked whiter. I think it was American, we all tried it when we were teenagers but it was dearer than the regular brands. Haven't seen it in donkey's years.

Sylvia, I remember using a toothpaste in the mid-1950's that was supposed to make your teeth look whiter because it tinted the gums. I wonder if it was Kolynos as I can't remember the name. I used it on Saturday nights before I went dancing.

Judy

I used a similar tooth paste that made [or supposedly] made your gums red. I will try and remember the name. Jean. ps. Mind you they said apples were good for the teeth now they are saying the opposite.

Astonite I remember camp coffee it was that runny stuff wasn't it. Frothy you're right don't think anyone has seen that one before. Jean.

Camp coffee was liquid ,some people disliked it intensely Jean, but I quite liked it, but then when I was young, I'd eat and drink anything, I was always hungry!

Len Pete was on the brewing side at Ansells and he used to come home smelling of finings. Yuk. Mind you I do like the odd beer now. Lovely collection. Jean.

An advert for the ladies, "She" magazine, and does any one besides me remember Seccotine glue?. Len.

camp coffee chickory essence. i still drink it.as a child i liked it in cold milk.
and the one called.bon or bev cant remember the exact name,but brook bond,made it,and there was a stamp on it which you collected,along with the stamp off dividend tea packets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back