• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Advent computer

Smudger

master brummie
Has anyone got an Advent Monza Red laptop? I need to take the back off to fit an Ssd, but there are about 20 screws to remove & I`m a tad nervous about doing it. I`ve checked to make sure I can loosen all the screws so that`s no problem. It doesn`t have a dedicated hdd panel to remove so it has to be all the screws to remove to take the back off :-{ Any advice would be gratefully received.

Have you looked on you tube, I found info for repairing my Toshiba laptop on there.

Yes I`ve checked youtube & the only Advent laptops I could find, all had dedicated panels to remove the hdd whereas mine doesn`t, :-{ Thanks anyway.

Worth a try I feel. Just been quoted £50-00 to get my Nexus Tablet going again. Don't need anything off it so I reckon the £50-00 would be better going towards a replacement.

Back