• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Adobe Flash Player

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
I'm using my husbands Compaq lap top and it won't let me load the new version of Adobe Flash player which means I cannot use u tube and many other sites. Our computers are all Vista. I've looked at the trouble shooting with Adobe, but it still won't load. Any body out there who has had the same problem and solved it? Your help would be gratefully received, but please make it easy to follow as I am quite a novice.
Lynda:)

When I turned my computer on this morning it told me there was an update for Adobe Flash player, it downloaded OK on mine, and I'm using Vista. No help for you though Lynda.

:cry: I STILL can't do it. I've spent DAYS trying to download it. I've definately uninstalled whatever there was there. So I do not know.:(
Lynda

Hello Lynda,
What browser are you using, it sometimes happens that you are being blocked from downloading a programme by your settings.

Hello Lynda,
If you are using Internet explorer, go into tools at the top and turn off pop-up blocker, and then try and download Adobe again, or send me a screen shot

I click on download. It goes to this screen and then stays like that. How do I send you a screen shot?(I did try)
Lynda

ah, so it's not downloading? I thought installing was the problem. Did you manage to download the removal tool okay? Have you run an antivirus scan lately?

Back