• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Adkins/Kerr/Woolley

J

Janesm

I have had a fantastic time searching through the mountains of info that must be on this great site.

Am looking for info on the Woolley family who arrived in Birmingham in 1914 & lived in Bellbarn Road then all over the city.

Also the Kerrs who lived in Erdington - Jaffray Road and the Adkins of Kings Norton if you count that as Birmingham.

Am new to research so any help gratefully received.
Jane

Thanks for that Darby,

Gordon might be a cousin as my dad had a couple of brothers that we never had any contact with.

Jane

Thanks for your reply Jean,

I hope that you get this mail as I am very new to chat groups as well as family tree research.

Jane

Thanks for that Darby,

Gordon might be a cousin as my dad had a couple of brothers that we never had any contact with.

Jane

Jane,

A little bit more info, Gordon had a cousin by the name of Jones who lived with them, I think originally they all came from Wales.

Morning Darby,

That is interesting, one branch of the family did come from Wales but they were Davies. I wish they had less common surnames.

Janesm

Hi 1 branch of my family is also called davies and they all originate with Woolley(also known as wood-woolley) ranging from wales and birmingham.....Its a very big family tree with lots of branches..

Im a Adkins but we came from the Edgebaston area of birmingham.Best Wishes with your research

Back