• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Address's in Bordesley

sheri

master brummie
I wonder if someone could look up 2 addresses please and who is there.

Herbert Nabbs - demob address in March 1919 was The Grove, Bordesley Park Rd. Small Heath.

Ernest Robert Nabbs - wife Florence - demod address in 1918 - 136 Bordesley Park Road.

Thank you so much,
Sheri

136 Bordesley Park Road
1912 - Edward Nabbs
1920 - Edward & Jane Nabbs
1922 - Edward (The Younger) Nabbs
1925 - Jane Amelia, Edward Nabbs, George Hall
1927 - Jane Amelia, edward nabbs, Richard Felkin
1930 - Jane Amelia, Edward & Clara Nabbs, Arthur Richard & Ivy Turner
1935 - All As above
1939 - Edward & Clara Daisy Nabs
1945 - Edward & Clara D Nabbs
1950 - Edward & Clara D Nabbs, Victor Saul
1955 - Edward & Clara Nabbs

Suzanne

5 The Grove, Bordesley Park Road
1920 Herbert & Florence Emily Nabbs
1925 As above
1927 as above
967 Alum Rock Road
1930 Herbert & Florence Emily Nabbs
1935 as above
73 Wroxton Road
1939 Florence Emily & Herbert Nabbs
1945 Florence E Nabbs, Rosina W Nabbs, Ernest G Nabbs
1950 Florence E & Rosina W Nabbs
1955 Ernest, Florence & Rosina Nabbs

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne, Thank you very, very much for that information, it is the right people in my family but I didn't expect thm to be there
I thought it would be a different branch, so that was a surprise - I thought they had spent their whole lives in Watery Lane. I think Bordesley Park Road is not too far from Watery Lane and is still Small Heath.
It's very kind of you to take the time to help me,
Sheri

Hi Sheri, I see you have a number of entries regarding the Nabbs family. My great grandparents were Herbert and Florence Nabbs, their daughter Florence Lillian was my grandmother. I'd be really interested to hear how you are related to Herbert, if at all. I think Herbert moved out of Watery Lane because by all accounts he did quite well for himself and owned a shop, looking at Google street maps I'm wondering if this is the house in Wroxton Road, it looks like it was a shop?

Hi Sarah, how nice to hear from someone with a connection to my family. My gt.gt.grandfather Edward b.1864 was the son of John Frederick Nabbs c. either Feb 1824 or Oct. 1824 at St.Peters Wolverhampton - he ?married Elizabeth Shipley in 1848/9 (can't find their marriage) - their son Frederick John b1851 he married Louisa in 1875 - Edward was his younger brother who married Jane Amelia Taylor in 1884 - my grandmother was Gertrude Sophia Nabbs b. 1885. This makes Gertrude and Herbert 1st cousins.
I tried to send you an instant message but I'm not sure if it went through. I have quite a lot of information about Nabbs family which I am happy to share with you.
Sheri

Sheri, I have just come across this forum by accident and followed this exchange with interest. My name is David Nabbs and currently live in Yorkshire but my family come from the Birmingham area I have managed to trace roots back to 1798 but have hit a brick wall. I believe we are connected to other branches of the Nabbs family in the Midlands but I have not been able to find a link. I would love to share my info and give you access to my family tree in ancestry to see if this opens new avenues. My Nabbs links take me to Canada, Australia and New Zealand. I do hope this link works and hope to hear from you. Regards david

Last edited by a moderator:
Back