• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Adams Richard gardener Heathfield Hall

Do you mean Heathfield Hall which was in Handsworth. Was also called Heathfield House too.

Any other info for Richard? Date/place of birth, census records? If he is on the 1841 or 1851 census it may give an occupation.

Yes Heathfield Hall in Handsworth The Richard concerned was born abt 1833 Mordiford. I have been unable to find him yet on the 1841/51/61 in 1871 upwards. Census shows him with Mary maiden name Rowley and 3 children William Henry b 1865 Bridgnorth. Unable to find marriage either.
Thank you for reading my post. Any small piece of info would be great. Regards J

There is a Thread for Heathfield Hall...

There is a Thread for Heathfield Hall...
Wow thank you so much.
Marriage registered Bridgnorth, Jun qtr 1868.
I’ve been searching for that thank you very much .

Not sure about this but 1861 census, I think, place of birth is Tarrington but that is quite near Mordiford so I think it is the right person. He is a carter. Very hard to read. The name of the place is:
1575319093312.png listed on Ancestry as Ledbury. Just done a search and I think it is Wall Hills near Ledbury.

1575319029325.png

Last edited:
I now don't think this one is right either:
1851 census place of birth Stoke Edith but I think it is him: (Stoke Edith is near to Tarrington).
1575319459344.png

Last edited:
There are a number of Richard Adams baptisms around 1830 - one for Mordiford also listed as Morton Jeffries, but there are also ones for Stoke Edith and Tarrington.

The one for Mordiford/Morton Jeffries is the son of a Richard and Sarah and on the 1841 census there is a Richard Addams listed living in Mordiford with mother Sarah and siblings. There is a difference in ages 1830 baptism, 1838 census but could be an error.

There are 2 baptisms listed for Richard Adams in Mordiford. One in 1829 and one in 1843 neither give an age.

Last edited:
Back