• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Across Canada

Hi Mo: We had great adventures back then. Wouldn't be allowed these days that type of train spotting. Perry Hall Park was a great place.

Hi Sakura, I hope you get to live your dream, the journey sounds great. My dream is to drive route 66 while there is some of it left. My cousin Edna lives in Burlington Ontario, and used to live in Inverness Rd. Northfield, and later Longbridge Lane by the side of the Austin. (I still call it the Austin) If it's near you, I can let you have the address. Flying Swann.

Hi Dave Bath, I noticed that you are researching the name Arnold. My Mother was an Arnold and lived in Hockley, where my Grandfather was a boatman moving coal I think for the Co-Op. Her name was Ivy Gertrude, and she was one of 5 sisters. Her married name was Swann, If you think there is any connection get in touch. Herbert Swann.

Hi Herbert - Burlington is on the west side of Toronto and we are on the east. We moved here from Northfield we lived on Wirrel Road, off Shenley Lane.:)Mo

Back